Chicago Virtual Cyclists (CVC) Unite is an open community for any and all Chicago area cyclists to unite and ride together online on various online virtual cycling platforms – founded in 2019 specifically to help us all survive the #SocialDistancing isolation order in Chicago with more #SocialConnecting fun online!
Share smart trainer and home “pain cave” tips, organize & setup virtual rides/meetups, and unite to motivate & mentor other cyclists to have fun as one united Chicago-based community!
Virtual cycling can include training from home on any and all online apps & platforms – such as Zwift, Rouvy, RGT Cycling, and more.
“CVC” is rapidly growing, free, and volunteer-based… so join the group and share ideas to make the most of training and racing indoors together with fellow windy city riders!
GET STARTED WITH CVC!
1. Find us on FACEBOOK @ fb.com/groups/chicagocyclists
2. Learn, ask questions, and chat with us on DISCORD as our team “race radio” @ tinyurl.com/ChicagoVC-discord (see below to see who’s online right now!). For other rides and events, be sure to check for additional Discord group channels, such as for our 8am Saturdays Team Ride with xXx Racing-Athletico, join their discord channel at tinyurl.com/xxxdiscord
3. Do you Zwift? Join our team roster on ZWIFT POWER @ zwiftpower.com/team.php?id=7095
and if you’re affiliated with another Chicago-based team on Zwift, you can join multiple team rosters such as those of:
- Chicago Virtual Cyclists [CVC]: zwiftpower.com/team.php?id=7095
- BFF Bikes Racing Team [BFF]: zwiftpower.com/team.php?id=12099
- xXx Racing-Athletico [xXx]: zwiftpower.com/team.php?id=4905
- IronMonster Tri Club [IRON]:zwiftpower.com/team.php?id=8019
- 4 Star Endurance [4Star]: zwiftpower.com/team.php?id=11186
4. Get a free weekly workout via a free “CVC” TrainingPeaks training plan by following our quick start guide @ tinyurl.com/cvc-peaks
5. Ride and race with us on ROUVY, ZWIFT, and RGT CYCLING by checking our calendar for rides and recommended races on our TEAMUP calendar @ tinyurl.com/cvc-teamup
6. Want to get faster on the bike? Join our “Project ScaryFast” email list at tinyurl.com/scaryfast2021
7. Looking for home “PainCave” setup & gear recommendations? Check out Coach Chris’ Gear & Tech recommendations at kit.co/ironmonster and subscribe to the 4 Star Endurance YouTube channel for video tips!
8. Want to show support for Chicago Virtual Cyclists (CVC)? Consider purchasing a “Server Boost” for our DISCORD server! Discord is free for us to use for video & voice chatting, but a “GIFT” purchase of Discord NITRO will help us upgrade our server and boost the audio and video quality of our “race radio” – a one time donation of $99 improves the riding experience for everyone in our group for a full calendar year!!! https://discord.com/nitro
CVC DISCORD APP
See who’s online right now:
CVC EVENT CALENDAR
Or filter by virtual cycling platform at https://teamup.com/kspp95cr7d6on6c32y
RIDE WITH CVC!
CVC was founded as a fun community outreach project through the volunteering efforts of coach CHRIS NAVIN who is a 3x TEAM USA qualifier, USA Triathlon (USAT) Level 2 Certified Coach, and Metabolic Efficiency Training Specialist (METS I-FCP). Coach Chris carried his coaching expertise into eSports to become ranked as high as one of the top 500 cyclists in the ZwiftPower rankings and has helped coach TEAM USA’s Jacquie Godbe to a top 5 at the inaugural UCI eSports World Championships.
Coach Chris organizes several of the CVC “Chicago” teams and roster in the Zwift Racing League (ZRL) and also helps coach the xXx Racing-Athletico professional eSports team in the Echelon Racing League (ERL).
If you’d like to join in this growing virtual cycling community for training or racing, simply follow “TriMonster” in Rouvy or “COACH CHRIS NAVIN” via the Zwift Companion app and add a [Chicago] tag to your name to join us for rides, workouts, and meetups to get started following the steps above.