With a cold and long winter climate, and a huge population and cycling community, the Chicago area has quickly become a hot-bed for professional level “eSports” indoor virtual bike racing! Check out the highlight reel of footage of several 4 STAR ENDURANCE and xXx RACING ATHLETICO cyclists racing in the professional divisions of the ECHELON RACING LEAGUE (ERL)!
CHICAGO eSPORTS CYCLING HIGHLIGHT REEL
- BORREGO SPRINGS / PATERBERG
- Jacquie Godbe – “combative award” at the front – https://youtu.be/XJplpC79piM?t=3410
- Jacquie Godbe –Sprint Stage 1 win – https://youtu.be/XJplpC79piM?t=4415
- Jacquie Godbe – Sprint Stage 1 interview (poor audio) – https://youtu.be/XJplpC79piM?t=5708
- John Cooper – Sprint Stage 1 win – https://youtu.be/XJplpC79piM?t=8169
- John Cooper – Sprint Stage 1 interview (better audio ~2min later) – youtu/be/XJplpC79piM&t=8305
- Godbe/Cooper – team & coach mention in broadcast – youtube.com/watch?v=-enGpO0fzGw&t=2952s
- TOUR OF THE GILA
- Jacquie Godbe –Silver City Crit Sprint: https://youtu.be/i_4Skm76LQM?t=8382
- Jacquie – post-race interview: https://youtu.be/i_4Skm76LQM?t=8650
- Jacquie profile “athlete spotlight” – https://youtu.be/KcZ6m8k19G8?t=6130
- Jacquie – mountaintop sprint finish, final 1k to go: https://youtu.be/KcZ6m8k19G8?t=11395
- Rebecca – Spotlight on Rebecca briefly, then Jacquie’s “smart racing” attack featured: https://youtu.be/xQlrTny9Ha4?t=13793
- Jacquie – Stage 3 – “Triple X attack show”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQlrTny9Ha4&feature=youtu.be&t=17292
- Jacquie – Stage 3 – second mountaintop sprint finish, 1k to go: https://youtu.be/xQlrTny9Ha4?t=17760
- Jacquie – Stage 3 – interview: https://youtu.be/xQlrTny9Ha4?t=18387
- BUCKS COUNTY
- ARMED FORCES
- Jacquie Godbe –Surging from the pack (34km to go): https://youtu.be/JG98chbHYRQ?t=2044 “Godbe is 1-2 punching the field” and “You’re not going to beat Jacquie Godbe in a straight drag race to the line!”
- Jacquie Godbe –“Masterclass in time trialing!” breakaway (33km to go): youtu.be/JG98chbHYRQ?t=2147
- Jacquie Godbe – Lapping the Field with (14km to go): https://youtu.be/JG98chbHYRQ?t=3866
- Jacquie Godbe – “Godbe is just going!… she’s just gone!” breaking away (again!): https://youtu.be/JG98chbHYRQ?t=4368
- Jacquie Godbe – “Godbe the Goddess of Watts!”: https://youtu.be/JG98chbHYRQ?t=4645
- Jacquie Godbe – Post race interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=5728&v=JG98chbHYRQ
- REDLANDS BICYCLE CLASSIC
- Jacquie Godbe – Intros & Jacquie “Chocolate Reward”: https://youtu.be/dAlv6UxaVsQ?t=155
- Jacquie Godbe – Jacquie at Halfway: https://youtu.be/dAlv6UxaVsQ?t=2102
- Jacquie Godbe – Jacquie 25% Grade: https://youtu.be/dAlv6UxaVsQ?t=2478
- Jacquie Godbe – Women’s Results: https://youtu.be/dAlv6UxaVsQ?t=2772
- Jacquie Godbe – Jacquie Interview: https://youtu.be/dAlv6UxaVsQ?t=3411
- Chris Navin – “PainFace”: https://youtu.be/dAlv6UxaVsQ?t=5397
- Chris Navin – Finish: https://youtu.be/dAlv6UxaVsQ?t=6285
- Randy Warren – 500m to go: https://youtu.be/dAlv6UxaVsQ?t=6776
- DIRTY RIEVER
- Fiona debut: https://youtu.be/aDLqTMXlxr0?t=759
- Jacquie breakaway: https://youtu.be/aDLqTMXlxr0?t=1345
- Jacquie on the front + chat on John’s cable break: https://youtu.be/aDLqTMXlxr0?t=2476
- Jacquie + John warming up: https://youtu.be/aDLqTMXlxr0?t=4958
- John “exceptional” high-precision gel feeding form: https://youtu.be/aDLqTMXlxr0?t=5470
- Jacquie 500m to go solo win: https://youtu.be/aDLqTMXlxr0?t=6238
- Jacquie post race: https://youtu.be/aDLqTMXlxr0?t=6695
- Chris on back: https://youtu.be/aDLqTMXlxr0?t=7373
“eSports Monster of the Midwest!”
Since the start of COVID restrictions have shut down endurance races across the country, Chicago’s standout pro triathlete Jacquie Godbe has taken her athletic talents to the booming virtual cycling eSports platforms… and proven to be the woman to beat across the two most popular virtual bike racing platforms among professional cyclists – ZWIFT and ROAD GRAND TOURS (RGT) CYCLING.
Since then, she’s also been racing professionally with SARIS + THE PROS CLOSET (STPC), one of the top pro teams in virtual eSports cycling, in the new ZWIFT RACING LEAGUE (ZRL) premiere division – as well as with Chicago’s xXx Racing-Athletico in the professional division of the ECHELON RACING LEAGUE (ERL).
xXx Racing-Athletico is Chicago’s premiere USA CYCLING (USAC) Division I cycling club, having produced state, national, and world champion cyclists. While supporting grassroots development programs, races, non-profits, clinics, and hosting Chicago’s largest weekly group ride… they were even selected by USA CYCLING as DIVISION I “CLUB OF THE YEAR” three times (2010, 2013, 2015).
Now, thanks to Jacquie Godbe and several other athletes from the Chicago Virtual Cyclists (CVC) community’s ScaryFast Development Squad program, xXx Racing is quickly growing one of the top local eSports bike racing teams and development programs! Learn more about the team at xxxracing.org/history
GET STARTED WITH eSPORTS BIKE RACING!
Want to get involved in virtual cycling “eSports” bike racing with xXx Racing-Athletico on the RGT CYCLING platform? Here’s how to get involved!
1. Want to get involved in virtual cycling with other Chicago area cyclists?
Get started with our beginner-friendly and free CHICAGO VIRTUAL CYCLISTS (CVC) community on Facebook, Discord, and sign up for our ScaryFast Development Squad to ride with us on Thursday nights (7pm CST) on both RGT CYCLING and ZWIFT!
2. Want to learn more about RGT CYCLING, the free virtual cycling app?
Visit rgtcycling.com/get-started to race and ride for free virtually – all you need is a phone, a PC/Mac/Tablet/AppleTV device with a viewing screen, and a trainer or bike with a power meter!
3. Want to participate in competitive bike races through the free ECHELON RACING LEAGUE (ERL) with the xXx Racing-Athletico squad?
Visit echelonracingleague.com and sign up for the AMATEUR division to join the Echelon Racing League email list first, then join in the Cat 1/2/3/4 divison races on Saturday and Sunday afternoons (if you’re not familiar with bike racing, Cat 4/5 are the beginner divisions, so start there and work your way up!). Don’t forget to select the xXx Racing-Athletico team jersey under the EQUIPMENT options in the SETTINGS menu of the RGT CYCLING phone app!
4. Want to join Chicago’s top virtual + “in real life” (IRL) bike racing team so you can show your Chicago pride by wearing a xXx Racing-Athletico team kit both virtually and in person?
Check out membership info (discounted for 2021!) at xXx Racing-Athletico – and don’t miss the great photos below from featuring their team kit in the ECHELON RACING LEAGUE (ERL) on RGT CYCLING!
5. Need to upgrade to a SMART TRAINER or POWER METER?
Most virtual cycling apps require a “power source” to measure your effort in watts. You can get a phone app or heart rate monitor that converts heart rate to power, a power meter for your bike (to have the added benefit of a power meter for indoors and outdoors!), or a “interactive” smart trainer – visit some of Chicago’s top local bike shops like PEREGRINE BICYCLE STUDIO and BFF BIKES!
6. Gear up!
Join xXx Racing Athletico and get a code for 50% off team gear in the Echelon Racing League (ERL) eSports gear store: https://wearenations.com/collections/echelon-racing-merchandise?page=2
ECHELON RACING LEAGUE PHOTOS
Check out these great photos from TLBVELO PHOTOGRAPHY!