4 STAR ENDURANCE draws inspiration from the 4 stars of the Chicago flag – one of the most iconic city flags in the world! And just like the every aspect of the Chicago flag represents a key part of it’s history, each point on each star of our 4 STAR logo represents a key source of motivation and structure that helps to make endurance sports athletes more successful: PLAN. TEST. LEARN. INSPIRE!
But one of the biggest contributors to athlete’s success is their support team – our coaches and volunteers! So if you’d like to help us help athletes succeed, join our team of some of the most fun, friendly, experienced, and certified coaches & volunteers in all of Chicago!
Volunteers are welcome to help out in a wide variety of events and programs, and every time you volunteer (or if you recruit a friend or family member to volunteer) as a member of our 4 Star Athlete Club, you can even earn team swag for volunteering or referring a volunteer! We even have volunteer opportunities with our charity partners where you can earn donations towards fundraising efforts to receive free training program and race entries (see and join our charity partners for more info)!
EXAMPLES OF VOLUNTEERS WANTED:
- OPEN WATER SWIMS – Swim Angels & water support to guide and pace athletes!
- RACE DAY SUPPORT – Team Tent and Cheer Stations!
- TRAINING SUPPORT – Run Pacers, Swim Angels, and Bike “SAG” Support!
- Chicago Half Marathon, Spring Half, and ChiTri – Beer Tent with T2!
- Chicago Triathlon – Bike Marshall “Fix a Flat” Support Team!
- Chicago Triathlon – Team Tent Cheer Station!
- Indoor Triathlons – Various duties including athlete timing and more!
- Ironman Races – team tent support, sherpa-ing, & family cheer stations!
REGISTER HERE TO VOLUNTEER FOR THE INDOOR TRIATHLONS:
REGISTER HERE TO VOLUNTEER OR COACH WITH US FOR ALL OTHER PROGRAMS:
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?
JOIN THE VOLUNTEER EMAIL LIST HERE:
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A COACH TOO?
One of our key areas of focus is to help athletes “LEARN” through a pathway designed to help you explore becoming a more educated athlete, through volunteerism, mentorship, and even coaching opportunities as well. These opportunities include the ability to become a mentor or coach, with support and guidance from our head coaches! Volunteers, mentors, and coaches can progress through our 4 stages of volunteerism:
- COACH (USOC SafeSport, CPR/AED, at least 1 endurance certification)
- HEAD COACH (multiple certifications; 3-5+ years of experience)
So come join our community whether you’re interested in volunteering or coaching and we’ll inspire you to keep learning, improving, and ultimately become the best athlete, pacer, mentor, coach, or volunteer you can be!
ARE YOU A CERTIFIED COACH?
JOIN THE 4 STAR “CHICAGO COACH COLLECTIVE” FACEBOOK GROUP HERE: https://www.facebook.com/groups/4starcoaches
One thought on “Volunteer & Coach with 4Star!”